Okay, so maybe I didn’t chop the whole thing down, but I finally did some reading on rooting cuttings and got up the nerve to cut off the enormous skewed branch from my lime tree.
A video from YouTube taught me how to do it, and in I dove! Whether this will or will not work, I don’t yet know.
I gathered my materials. Notice I poked holes in the bottom of the cups.
Check out how huge that branch is! And I probably will have to tell many of you this, because I’ve found a LOT of people don’t know- lime trees have thorns. BIG thorns.
I didn’t take pictures as I was cutting, but I got down to these three pieces. The video on YouTube told me to take the leaves off up to the top and to rip those down, so that’s what I did.
Brand new haircut!
Wet the bottom of the cutting and dip it into the rooting hormone, tap the excess off.
Put in dirt.
Water and then put a plastic bag with rubber bands around top for a “greenhouse”. And now we wait.